Dr. Zeynep Balazünbül
Dr. Zeynep Balazünbül was admitted to the Berlin Bar in 2019 and has been working for JBB since then. Prior to joining JBB, she spent three and a half years working for an e-commerce start-up, growing the legal department and managing the company’s global brand portfolio while simultaneously earning her doctorate.
At JBB, Dr. Balazünbül is passionate about advising on trademark and design law. She also advises clients from the IT and creative industries on competition and copyright law as well as consumer law issues.
Dr. Zeynep Balazünbül studied and passed her state examinations in Berlin and completed several months of internships in London law firms. Her dissertation in international humanitarian law at the chair of Prof. aD Dr. Dr. hc Dr. hc Philip Kunig at the FU Berlin on the admissibility of armed drones was funded by the Heinrich Böll Foundation and published by Carl Grossmann Verlag in 2021.
Languages: German, English
- Brand strategy
- Brand defense and attack
- Online marketing
- Product compliance for electronics
Drohnentechnologie und moderne Kriegführung,
Dissertation erschienen im Carl Grossmann Verlag, 2021, Open Access
Großer Schutzumfang und wettbewerbliche Eigenart der Birkenstock „Big Buckle“-Bestseller-Designs; Anmerkung zu OLG Düsseldorf, Urteil vom 23.9.2021 – 20 U 73/21 – Sandale Madrid Big Buckle,
GRUR-Prax 2022, 575
Associations & Memberships
- German Bar Association (DAV)
- Working Group for Intellectual Property Rights of the DAV (AGEM)
- German Association for the Protection of Intel-lectual Property and Copyright (GRUR)
- German Association of Women Lawyers (djb)
- Member of the three-member ethics council of RiffReporter – die Genossenschaft für freie Journalismus eG (the cooperative for free journalism)